Today I had an unusual situation , any .ex4 files I will place in the expert folder are being deleted and even those which I made right away from MetaEditor got deleted as well in the following way:
- mq4 file was present in /experts folder
- ex4 file was deleted as soon as platform is launched
- the color of the file in Navigator window of MetaTrader is grey – which is very strange for those which have source code.
The solution is very easy – but very annoying – the issue is that the version of MT4 is older then the version of MetaEditor, this way the MT4 automatically deletes any files which are created on higher versions of MetaEditor. Like in my case the platform is 500 and the Editor has version 509 – examples below
1. If you have a lot of clients complaining – you could make an ex4 file on older version of MetaEditor (pay attention – MetaEditor, not MetaTrader)- better from 500 and lower this way it will run with no questions
2. Update your MetaTrader platform to a new version which is at least the same as your MetaEditor